4 Oct 2011

my first ever linocut print!


Slemish bird
original print from linocut
12.75 x 16.25 inches
framed

A linoprint based on my pen and ink drawing, Slemish magpie.  Even during my foundation course at Belfast Art College, we never did any linocuts, although we did do a module on monoprinting and screen printing.  I preferred monoprinting - still do!  I decided to give it a go since I thought the graphic-like  quality in some of my pieces would lend itself to the marks made in relief printing.  This one is a bit rough around the edges, but in a way, I kind of like that.  I would really love to explore this medium a bit more.  Sure I know you`re supposed to do a limited edition number of prints but that will be for the next one! 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous03:19

    Yes you should explore it a bit more, this is lovely!

    I'm Jane from theseventhmagpie btw but blogger wouldn't let me leave a post from there lol!!

    ReplyDelete