19 Oct 2013

Cock-a- doodle-doo!

Finally got this piece in coloured pencil finished! Took a while since I was busy doing other things and finishing commissions, but I think it`s done now. Fiddling is always a dangerous thing! I have just started another piece to go with this -  a solitary rooster, and want to do a hen on her own as well, to make a nice set of three.  Hopefully, they shouldn`t take as long.  But I always have lots of things on the go at one time, in my art as in my life!  

Off to the studio now to do a little painting in watercolours which I have been missing a lot!  Sometimes I wish I could stick to just the one medium, but that`s not me, plus I love the different qualities they possess, some more than others..... Maybe one day I will just stick to one. What do you guys think? Should you dedicate your artistic lifetime to the pursuit of absolute excellence in and knowledge of just one medium, or experiment more with several or a few of them?


Casanova (tentative title)
coloured pencil on Stonehenge paper,
9 x 12 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment